Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Initiative for Chemical Balance Spreadsheet.

1. Back To Top    #1

Initiative for Chemical Balance Spreadsheet.

Anyone thought about developing a spreadsheet in excel or similar software.
    Where to keep track of chemical balance fluctuation and how it was fixed.
    Something like “Pool Calculator” but with capability to keep record on test reading.
    Eventually inserting few graphics or charts based on reading, wheatear condition chemicals added etc.
    Just tinkering!
    lk
    1.Pool size 6950 gallons 18 X 52
    2.Filter Cartrige type B Intex
    3.Pool AG Intex Ultra Frame
    4.Pool liner Vinyl
    5.Filter Pump Krystal Clear Model 633T 2500 gallons/h + SWG Model CS8110

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Initiative for Chemical Balance Spreadsheet.

download/file.php?id=5877

There ya' go..............
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Very clever.Thank you.
    Any more ideas ?
    lk
    1.Pool size 6950 gallons 18 X 52
    2.Filter Cartrige type B Intex
    3.Pool AG Intex Ultra Frame
    4.Pool liner Vinyl
    5.Filter Pump Krystal Clear Model 633T 2500 gallons/h + SWG Model CS8110

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by lk
    Very clever.Thank you.
    Any more ideas ?
    Use the search box at the bottom of the page using "excel." There have been several; I downloaded several, but never used any. After a few weeks of testing and adding, it all becomes rather predictable.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, I have 5 spas. So I am doing a spreadsheet that will calculate chemical needed to ballance my spas.
    What the heck? Why hasn't somone else done this? Just tinkering.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    ... After a few weeks of testing and adding, it all becomes rather predictable.
    Exactly. Boring even. If you practice the TFP method with any diligence I think you will find that there is very little fluctuation to record.
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280

7. Back To Top    #7

We have kept a three-ring binder with everything about our pool since we bought our house a few years ago. Since the renovation last year, we have most certainly kept records to prove our competent caring for the pool in the hopefully unlikely event that we have to fall back on a warranty to fix a problem.

Lana
    23,600 gallon, refurbished 1960's inground concrete, Jandy sand filter w Jandy 2 hp variable speed pump, Pool Pilot Digital SWCG+Chemtrol 2100+CO2 tank; PebbleTec White Pearl with 10% Cobalt Blue Dark Beadcrete by Olympic Pool Plastering, Georgia. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit; Aqua Check Salt test; LaMotte borates test, and Jack's Magic Sequest test kit; SparklyPoolitis level: extremely high.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Beez
    ]Exactly. Boring even. If you practice the TFP method with any diligence I think you will find that there is very little fluctuation to record.
    I'll concur with that. Last season after I got everything balanced in may, I didnt add a drop of acid nor an ounce of baking soda. I added maybe a box of borax here and there to raise the pH a bit, but that was it. Everything was rock steady.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

9. Back To Top    #9

I have a simple one, but only for my every other Sunday 'major check'. The pool was new in 2004 so I started it for warranty reasons. My every other day routine checks (pH & Cl) I don't bother. It's still pretty boring, except last year where I had a cover O-ring pop on a Jandy Valve to the main drain and the air suction leak gave me a serious acid demand. (The valve sits two feet below water level so I decided to wait until end-of-season to identify and fix the problem. Went through five gallons of MA in one season.)
    Current: 28,000G 18'x36' I/G AnthonySylvan Plaster; Waterway 60 sq.ft. DE Filter; 1.0hp x 1.65 SF Two-Speed (B2982) WhisperFlo; 2004-Present
    Previous: 40,000G 20'x40' I/G Koven unlined WWII salvage 5/8" marine steel; Lomart Stainless Sand Filter; 3/4hp Hayward SuperPump; 1946-2003 (managed by me from about 1964)
    Ancient Taylor K-2000, upgraded with Taylor CH, TA, and FAS-DPD, and TFT CYA tests.

10. Back To Top    #10

One of the best learning tools. Write it down for a history and reference.
    45 year old 21,470 inground white plaster pool, 2 speed 1/8 3/4 HP pump, Peregrine Industries Smartemp heat pump heater, 175 Sq Ft. Hayward cartrage filter.