Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: correct FC measurement using TF-100

1. Back To Top    #1

correct FC measurement using TF-100

I bought a TF-100 kit to aid in my conversion from baquacil. I have a question about how to correctly measure the FC. Following the kit directions i added the scoop of R870 to the water sample and mixed it. The water turned bright pink. Per the directions I then added the R871 drops one at a time until the water turned clear. This is where my question comes in .... while the water turns clear, it does not stay clear long ... it goes back to a light pink. Do I calculate the FC based on when the water turned clear (even if it does not stay clear) or should I keep adding drops until the water turns clear and stays clear?
    Cindy Lindeman
    IG 12,800 galls, 1.5 hp with booster

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: correct FC measurement using TF-100

You keep counting drops till the water stays clear. So if it's only like 10 seconds and turning pink again, add another drop and count it. You want the water to stay clear for a good 30 seconds.
    Welcome to the forum!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

If it immediately goes back to pink than you are not done, and add another drop.

If it stays clear for a while, but goes back to pink after 30 seconds or so then you are done.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Arrgh! She scooped me again.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

LOL -stop your teasin'....
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

6. Back To Top    #6

Okay, thanks a lot.
    Cindy Lindeman
    IG 12,800 galls, 1.5 hp with booster