Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Borax has a new look (White Box)

1. Back To Top    #1

Borax has a new look (White Box)

Just picked up some Borax at Walmart and it has a new look. I had trouble finding it b/c I was looking for the 'original' style box but now it comes in this white box. I actually walked out of a Walmart without buying any b/c I thought they were out b/c I didn't see the familiar packaging. I almost walked out of the 2nd Walmart I went to until I decided to ask an employee about why they were out of it and then they showed me the 'new' box. I must have missed it at the first Walmart I went to.

ETA: You can see the new packaging here on their website.
    TFP SUPPORTER through - My Pool: South Florida, 11K gallons, In ground, concrete / Diamond Brite, Free Form with attached spa (no heater- go figure) Built around 1998, original surface, Jacuzzi Magnum Force 1.5HP pump, Jacuzzi Cartridge Filter, Rainbow 320 Tablet Feeder, Hayward Navigator Pro, Taylor K-2006 w/ TFTestKits replacemeng Reagents.

2. Back To Top    #2

Central NJ

Re: Borax has a new look (White Box)

There a 35 cent coupon also. With store doubling 70 cents is not bad. I think they triple up to 1.00.
    12X18 AG, 6200 gal
    Hayward S166T sand filter, Switched back to 100 sq ft cart.
    Hayward 1hp power flo matrix two speed pump.
    Been using BBB since pool was new in 2004. Never had any problems.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Michigan

WIsh I would have seen this before heading to Wally world today to pick some up. I think I walked up and down the aisle at least 5 times before spotting it! LOL
    15 X 30 oval AG ~ 12,000 gallons. (completed June 23, 2012)
    1 HP Cooper Ranger Sand Filter
    BBB Method / TF100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4
    Central, CT

I was at Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Bj's today and couldn't find Borax at any of them.
    No pH up either...I was ready to go to the pool store after all that, maybe tomorrow.

pH is holding at 6.8...a bit less than I like it to be
    Intex 15' X 48" metal frame pool
    Waterway Supreme 1hp 2 Speed pump
    Hayward X-Stream 150 Sq. Ft. Cartridge Filter
    2-2'x20' Sungrabber Solar Panels hooked up in parallel on a Goldline GL-235 controller.

Not getting "Pool Stored" = Priceless!!!
    Thank you TFP

5. Back To Top    #5
    New Orleans, LA

My local Walmart was totally out of Borax. Some BBB'er must have beaten me to it. Went to Target and got 12 boxes at $2.99 each.
    17,000 gallon in-ground plaster (circa 1985) | Tagelus 60 Sand Filter | Whisperflo WFE-3 3/4 hp (1.25HP/1.67SF) | 1.5" plumbing, 17psi normal | TF-100 Test Kit | Liquidator