I am looking at a house with an IG pool tomorrow. Has the square footage I've been wanting, in the school district I want, is in my price range [i]and[i] has an in-ground pool. If I happen to like the house I'll probably move fairly quickly on it. So, please let me know what questions I need to ask to ensure I'm getting a usable pool not a money trap or very big hole in the ground. It appears from an areal of the property that there might also be a spa. Here are some I've thought of, but no doubt I've missed some big ones:
1. Age of pool and/or spa
2. Age of liner if there is one
3. Material of inside of pool and/or spa
4. Ever had a leak?
5. Number and placement of drains and returns
6. How is it heated
7. Age of equipment (although I'd be prepared to buy new heater and pump/filter -- I just don't want to have a bunch of structural stuff)
8. What has been used in terms of maintaining water chemistry
Thanks again for any help.