24 Round - DE Filter/Pump size Question

dmanb2b

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 4, 2009
NY
OK...need some suggestions...please. My neighbor is wondering proper DE/pump combination for a 24'x48" round pool. Since my experience has always been with sand filters, wasn't sure what the proper sizing is for DE filter...I know the bigger the better, but how big? BTW...current pump is a 1hp abg pump...Thanks!

Denis

I run a 40 for 11 years and I have been happy with it. I have to clean the unit and drain DE 2 sometimes 3 times a year. Also use a 1 hp pump. The hayward I had was 15 years old and only needed replacing because I over tightened the bolts in a couple places and cracked it. Can't do that with the new model. ;)

I just started running a Hayward EC50AC (25 sq.ft.) DE filter with a 1HP Matrix pump this season. So far I'm very pleased. I was running a Hayward E-200 (200lb.) sand filter w/1HP Power-flo LX previously and can see the difference in water clarity, especially at night with the aqualuminator on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.