Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Not Quite Level :)

1. Back To Top    #1

Not Quite Level :)

I have recently set up a 15 foot intex pool. After some heavy rain, about four vertical support poles have sunk in about 2 inches. And the pool is leaning slightly. the water level is about two inches higher on the pump side of the pool. DO I need to take it down and put some wider supports under the legs to prevent sinking, or will it be ok? Thanks!
    24' round AGP w/dual speed 2.5 hp Waterway filter/Proclean 200 filter cartridge, Robo-Kleen auto vacuum (broken). Pool Rover Jr. Leesville, SC.
    TFP is my HERO!!!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Waaay NW MN

Re: Not Quite Level :)

got any pictures for reference? You may be able to do a quick fix depending on where it is leaning, now much, etc. On the other hand, you may not.....Pictures help a lot
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Not Quite Level :)

Welcome to TFP!

2" is a bit much, but if things stabilize at this point you can probably get away with it. The largest danger is if things continue to move and it gets even more off balance. If you think it might settle even further, then you definitely need to take it down a re-level things carefully and provide more solid supports for the legs.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School