Pool cloudy, mostly in deep end

this morning:

FC = 18 (36 drops)
Cc = 0.5 (1 drop)
TC = 18.5

so this sounds like I had nearly no overnight loss in FC. Probably a good thing. The deep end is clear, but not as crystal clear as the shallow end (you can't even tell theres water its so clear). Despite the test results, should i continue to keep it at a shock level? it sounds like its already at a shock level with TC at 18.5. Thoughts?

You're getting really close.

I can't tell from your posts if you really did an overnight FC loss test. In the evening after the sun is off the pool add your nightly dose of chlorine. 1 hour AFTER adding it, test your FC level, record it, but don't add anything to the pool. In the morning, before sun gets on the pool (yawn), test your FC level again. You want there to be 1 ppm or less difference between those two numbers AND CC .5 ppm or less.

I also have a sand filter and what I notice is that even if I pass the overnight test and have no CC, I'll hold it as shock level for a few more days and that will usually rid the cloudiness faster than trying to let the sand filter catch it all. Since you're getting such good results, my recommendation to you would be to make sure you're really passing an overnight test and then hold shock level for a few more days afterwards and see if that doesn't make the deep end sparkle too.

Great job hanging in there!!

:oops: Re-read the thread. It looks like you did the overnight test right and you passed. I'd still recommend holding shock level for a few more days and see if it doesn't clear up even more for you. The deep end should sparkle like the shallow end.

Yes hold the shock level and keep that pump running 24/7. You are nearing the end. You probably are just at the point of needing to filter it out but, it won't hurt to keep at shock level just the same. Good job hanging in there :goodjob:

still stuff coming out of jets.

I shut the filter off for literally 15 seconds (i meant to shut the light off in the pool but i hit the wrong switch) and then turned it back on. a cloud of dust/algea/debri (light brown) came out the jets for about 8-10 seconds. What are possible causes here? It doesn't keep coming out, it just comes out with the initial puff.

I'm at a loss on the stuff coming out of the jets. Based on your earlier posts, you've tried backwashing longer and rinsing longer and still get the stuff come out the jets. I'm scratching my head. Hopefully some of the folks that have been doing this longer have some other ideas.

How's the deep end looking now? Good luck being away for the weekend. You should be fine bringing the FC level up until you get back. Any longer and you might need someone to come dose the pool for your or possibly use a floating tablet feeder, but for just the weekend I'd do the same as you -- bump up the FC and check it when I got back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.