Earlier in the day yesterday by FC was 9.5 and my CC was .5. My CYA was close to 100 (yes, high I know) It was suggested that I might want to shock my pool. I added a jug of chlorine to my pool to attempt to shock it.
Last night I tried to test for FC using my Taylor kit and I couldn't get the solution to go 'clear'. It would get almost clear but still with a very mild red tint. Typically, the solution will get totally clear / colorless as it's supposed to. I stopped after about 60 drops or so b/c I was affraid I was wasting it. Then I even tried to add the second reagent to turn it back to pink again and it wouldn't go even after several drops.
The same thing happened again this morning. This time I got up to almost 70 drops and it wouldn't go totally colorless.
I've been using the 10ml sample (1 drop = .5ppm increments)
What exactly is happening here and is it a problem or am I just no doing somthing right?
Thanks in advance!!!