Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "New" DIY build in NC

1. Back To Top    #1

"New" DIY build in NC

So this little project has taken about 6 months and still going! I am pleased with how it has turned out. I am also quite surprised with what I was able to accomplish strictly by myself, aside from the pool excavation and plumbing. I had virtually no experience and really no business taking on this job, but sometimes you just have to go for it. In the end I am glad I did it, but I have to admit there were times where I thought I was really in trouble. Anyway, I hope it doesn't sound like I am bragging, just proud. Enjoy the pictures!

In the beginning...

The first scoop took out the cable and irrigation.

Starting to look like a pool!

Pavers are beautiful, but boy are they a back breaker!

Still not finished, I have installed a pergola, bought pool furniture and done landscaping. More pictures coming!
    15,000 gal. vinyl liner pool, 3/4 HP Tristar pump, Hayward goldline salt system, Aqua Comfort electric heat pump, Polaris 280 w/booster pump, S244T sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: "New" DIY build in NC

That sure looks nice!
    If it's not a Lab then it's just a dog!
    [i]When Lab's were created God was just showing off.[i]

3. Back To Top    #3

I recently put down just under 300 sq ft of pavers, so from personal experience I'm willing to applaud the work. And that don't even count what appears to be excellent work on the pool and surroundings. If you have any energy left, give yourself a pat on the back.
    Geometric 16X36', 16K gal, shotcrete, exposed aggregate plaster, acrylic coated concrete deck/cantilever coping;
    Pentair equipment suite (EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, Intelliflo VS-3050, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG);
    Heliocol solar panels, Rocky's Roller, Blue Diamond robot

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

That's very nice work! You are entitled to be very proud.

I was in Fuquay last Thursday evening. I shoulda' stopped by to admire the work!!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Omg what a beautiful job you did on that!! You need to have a cold one now!
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

6. Back To Top    #6

You are to be commended for a job well done. Your pool and pavers are beautiful, and I look forward to seeing the additional pictures of your landscaping, furniture, etc.

7. Back To Top    #7

Really nice job, especially the pavers!
    25' x 37' freeform, 22,000 gallon saltwater, 3'6" to 6'6" deep, including baja shelf and benches, 120 ft EP Henry retaining wall
    Pentair equipment (CC420 cartridge filter, VS-3050 variable speed pump, IC 60 salt cell, EasyTouch), 200 sq ft pool house
    View our Pool Build - View our Pool House Build

8. Back To Top    #8

I fully understads your feelings, you should be very proud over the work you have done! That pool looks absolutely fabulous, I love the shape of it.
    There is only one minor thing that disturbs me.
    You should have let us in from the start But from now on do you have to promÃ*se to update your log on every progress that you make, no matter how small
    Inground concrete pool 14600 gallons,Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP WFE-3, Hayward swimclear 420sq ft
    Zodiac LM3-24 SWG, Dolphin Diagnostic poolrobot, Heatpump Gullberg&Jansson 13,8KW, TF testkit.

Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you You were trying to break into another world A world I never knew
    I always kind of wondered If you ever made it through Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you

9. Back To Top    #9

That's beautiful! Love the pavers, too.

...here ya go..
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10

Wow...great job, from a fellow Carolinian. We just had our previous deck ripped out and pavers installed but we had to hire that out, with two small kids there was just no way we could have done it ourselves. So after watching four guys work on that for a week solid I am even more impressed with what you've done! Everything looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
    18x36 IG Vinyl, 8.5 deep, 28K, Hayward C4025 SwimClear Filter, Hayward SP2607X10 Super Pump 1HP

11. Back To Top    #11

Here are some photos of the finishing touches:

15,000 gal. vinyl liner pool, 3/4 HP Tristar pump, Hayward goldline salt system, Aqua Comfort electric heat pump, Polaris 280 w/booster pump, S244T sand filter

12. Back To Top    #12

That is SPECTACULAR!
    AG Intex Ultra Frame
    Round 16 ft x 48 in, 5061 gal
    2500 gph Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter
    BBB

13. Back To Top    #13

Awesome... you should have had a DIYNETWORK or HGTV crew taping it...
    Grant and Jerri
    Liberty, NC
    New 18x36 vinyl liner pool with lighting and fountain

14. Back To Top    #14

Luckily the pool turned out better than my blurry and crooked pictures. My arms were too tired to hold the camera

15. Back To Top    #15

Amazing pool and we really love the Pergola. We were thinking of adding one across the entire deep end of our pool to put some shade in the pool and for the grill etc. That picture convinced us to do it so we are stealing your idea.....
    18' x 36' Vinyl Kidney 24,000 gallons
    Soon to have Salwater system up and running.
    Intelliflo pump, Colorlogic LED Light and a lot less money in the bank

16. Back To Top    #16

I am in the process of adding a shingled roof to my pergola. Then I am closing only the back side and adding a shallow counter/bar. I want to have a protected place to add shelves and possibly a TV. We had originally planned to put a full bar right in the middle of the pergola, but after having sat under the pergola with friends on several nights with the tiki torches blazing and the music going, we decided we like the current seating arrangement too much to change it.

Thanks for all the comments. I will keep the updated photos coming.

17. Back To Top    #17

Awesome work!!

And speaking from my own recent experience Pavers are a PITA!!! I did a 15 foot x 4 foot pathway and it nearly killed me. Anyone can do it sure but it is very backbreaking work. Took an entire Sat from 7:30am - 6:30pm and we got rained out so it wasn't finished. Spent Wed night from 6pm to 10:30pm finishing it.

Greg
    27' x 52" Round Lomart Sandstone AGP
    ~ 18,000 Gallons
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter 300lb
    Hayward 1HP Matrix 2 Speed pump
    2" Plumbing - 50 Foot run buried 18" Deep - Widemouth skimmer and 1 return with eyeball
    Compupool CPSC24

18. Back To Top    #18

AWESOME! Great job......so this is how pavers are done around a pool, set right on concrete.
    Anthony 16,000 Gallon Oval, White plaster, 30' Long 15' Wide 5 1/2' Deep end 3 1/2' shallow end.
    Pentair Intelliflo, FNS Plus 60sf. DE, Pentair Intellibrite 5G
    TF100 Testkit

19. Back To Top    #19

When can we come over? I'm calling first dibs on the floaty!!!

Your pool looks amazing and I like it even more because you did it yourself! Congratulations!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

20. Back To Top    #20

That is AWESOME. I really wanted to do pavers on my DIY pool but after 4 months of dealing with crazy weather and mud and frustration, I was tired and just wanted someone else to do something finally, so we just put in concrete. Im STILL not done landscaping the back yard after the huge mess (we dug ourselves, ugh) I need to see if I have any construction pictures and post!
    Built Myself in one yr and counting: 18x36 (8ft Deep) Inground Vinyl 2'R rectangle (25k gallons?)
    Polymer Walls and bracing
    Hayward Colorlogic LED light
    3x6 swimout with adjustable 'air bubble jets'
    4x8 jetted steps.
    4 Polaris Deck Jet Fountains set flush in concrete deck
    1.5hp Hayward and 300lb sand filter on intermatic timer, plumbed inside my shop building for protection.
    Also integrated a gas firepit into the end of the pool deck. (Looks cool to me!)
    latest part of the project was installing bronze colored aluminum 4ft picket fence surrounding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast