Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 6% or 12% bleach with the LQ?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Burlington, Ontario, Canada

6% or 12% bleach with the LQ?

Which do people find works best with the LQ? I am currently using 12% chlorine from the pool store daily for my chlorinating needs, so I'm wondering when my LQ shows up if I can continue to use the 12%, or does 6% help prevent some of the white stuff (I'll be doing the 3/8" mod)?
    10K gal IG, vinyl, 1 HP Jandy Stealth pump, Jandy CS cartridge filter, Delta UV system, Hasa Liquidator

2. Back To Top    #2

Mantua, NJ

Re: 6% or 12% bleach with the LQ?

I use 12%, without problems, in my LQ.

21k IG vinyl, 300 lb. sand filter, 1hp pump, Polaris 280 cleaner, 3/4hp booster pump, 240sq ft Fafco solar, Liquidator

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Indiana

I use both, buying by price, and never have the white stuff.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

So Cal

I use both, and only had problems w/ tws on initial start-up, after that no problem. I will say that the clorine that I was buying from HD had allot of other stuff besides clorine that settles on the bottom, since I have been purchasing the 12% from the pool store I have very little other stuff ending up on the bottom.

15 X 28, 12,000 Gallon, (IG) Freeform Dark Gray Plaster/Gunite with attached 10 X 7 Spa raised 18", 7 Jet with Spillover and Art Rock Waterfall/Grotto, Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 for Pool, 2 HP Whisperflo for Waterfall/Grotto, Pentair Clean & Clear Cartridge 320, Pentair 400K BTU Matstertemp, Pentair EasyTouch 4P, Pentair Suction Side PoolShark Cleaner, Stenner pump, autofill system, Plumbed for future Solar, TF-Testkit.

5. Back To Top    #5
    SouthWest Alabama

I use mostly 6% wally world brand and have had no problems.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit