Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BBB From the start????????????

1. Back To Top    #1
    Bonaire, GA

BBB From the start????????????

Hello all...after much reading on this amazing forum, i think i like the BBB method better than most other maintenance methods...i am having a 14100 gal AGP put in this Tuesday...what do i do to get it going from the start...i have already purchased the TF-100 kit anticipating that i will need to test the 'fill' water as soon as the pool is up and full.

Is there a way to figure out how much bleach i need to put in initially?
    Thanks all for your amazingly helpful advice! Bo

18x33 Morada pool, 14,100 Gal - 2HP, 2SPD W/Skimmer and Caplet Basket, 125 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System – 8 Gal LQ - TF-100.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

God Bless America!

2. Back To Top    #2
    The Triangle, NC

Re: BBB From the start????????????

Are you filling your pool with your regular house/city/well water, or is the water being trucked in?

If you are filling your pool from your tap, so to speak, you can do some testing today--get some practice in.

Then, go to Pool School, under Pool Chemistry is the Pool Calculator, and you can fiddle around with that to get used to using it.

25,000 gallon, refurbished 1960's inground concrete, Jandy sand filter w Jandy 1.5hp single-speed pump, Pool Pilot Digital SWCG+Chemtrol 2100+CO2 tank; PebbleTec White Pearl with 10% Cobalt Blue Dark Beadcrete by Olympic Pool Plastering, Georgia. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit; Aqua Check Salt test; LaMotte borates test, and Jack's Magic Sequest test kit; SparklyPoolitis level: extremely high.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP

Very useful tool and will give you an idea of where you need to get your levels. In the mean time read Pool School a few times over...You took the most important step, which is getting a good test kit. BBB is not as much about Bleach, Borax and Baking it is about knowing your pool water chemistry and how certain chemical will alter it.

If you run into any issues during the fill, just let us know, post a full set of test results and we'll get you going in the right direction
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

Cupertino, CA

I think concentrating on these two articles would be the way to start:

The two things you are guaranteed to need to add are CYA and bleach; everything else depends on your fill water.
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page