Chlorine/CYA Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you gentlemen. It is nice to be part of a community that works well together.

As I mentioned previously , the amount of savings is negligent to be concerned about keeping the CYA that low. My testing indicates a level of 40 with margin for error at 50. Tricky test, but definitely not 60. I would be curious to know where I wind up at the start of next season. I am not necessarily concerned about the extra $30 for the season if extra liquid chlorine is used. I am very concerned about a green pool (not happening if I can help it). Because I dose in the morning, it is important that my FC level does not drop below the minimum during the day with swimmer load and sunlight based on my CYA. NJ has such a short swimming season, there is no room for mistakes or spending an extended period of time trying to clear up a pool that should have never occurred to begin with.

Winter is right around the corner ! Thanks a million :0)

I understand that for SWCG pools, the minimum and target FC levels are lower (at the same CYA level) than compared to manually dosed pools and the shock FC level is the same for both (at an equal CYA level).

What about the FC maintainence level for yellow/mustard algea? Is this recommended FC level identical for both SWCG and manually dosed pools at the same CYA level?

Technically, the yellow/mustard algae maintenance level might be lower, but since that algae is much less common than green algae and since we usually recommend getting rid of this algae completely (if possible), we don't have enough data to know the yellow/mustard algae inhibition level in an SWCG pool. If you can't get rid of yellow/mustard algae then there are other techniques you can use so that you don't have to have elevated chlorine levels to keep it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.