Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: liquidator hook up

1. Back To Top    #1

liquidator hook up

I have a liquidator on the way and also the up grade to 3/8" parts coming. I will use the drain plug on the pump for hook up of the out line. I have a hayward in line chlorinator at present and noticed a pipe hook up plug on the side of the chlorinator,right at the bottom. . If it is possible to hook up here would the "pull" be sufficient for operation? Just trying to avoid drilling if possible.
    I dont mind adding chlorine manually but i'm trying to prepare just in case i'm unable to do it daily.
    21000 Gallons I/G,,Vinyl,, 1.5 H.P. Hayward Pump,, Hayward Sand Filter S244T.. Liquidator.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: liquidator hook up

You'll just have to try and see if it'll supply enough water to keep the LQ full of water when you're drawing from it. It doesn't make a lot of difference where you get the water as long as there is enough pressure to keep the LQ supplied.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Burlington, Ontario, Canada

I'm in the same boat as you with my new LQ on the way. I also have an off-line Hayward chlorinator currently installed. I was going to use one of the lines from the chlorinator to tap into the LQ, but noticed that my heater has three drain plugs that are the same as the one on the pump. So I am going to try and use the pump drain plug for the OUT line from the LQ, and use one of the drain plugs from the hearer as the IN line to the LQ. I have ordered a plug from US Plastics that I think will work in place of the pump drain plug (I'm doing the 3/8" mod). ... &catid=669
    10K gal IG, vinyl, 1 HP Jandy Stealth pump, Jandy CS cartridge filter, Delta UV system, Hasa Liquidator

4. Back To Top    #4

thanks for the info,, i'll get the pump adaptor and try the chloronator also to see if its workable... thanks again!
    21000 Gallons I/G,,Vinyl,, 1.5 H.P. Hayward Pump,, Hayward Sand Filter S244T.. Liquidator.