How much psi should i be running on my filter?

bats

Jan 7, 2010
I have a hayward s244t witch has a maximum psi pressure of 50.
My filter runs at 45 psi is this normal,i can't remember if i use to run at 25psi or 45 psi but i think i use to be at 25 psi 5 years ago when my pool was new.

Thanks

No, 45psi isn't normal. More than likely you have a bad gauge. 45psi is what you'd see if the returns were completely blocked.

JohnT said:
No, 45psi isn't normal. More than likely you have a bad gauge. 45psi is what you'd see if the returns were completely blocked.

Thanks My gauge does seem a little old and it seems to maybe have a bit of water in it.I'll buy a new one today and i'll repost the results.

Thanks for the advise.

JohnT said:

Thanks you were right,it was just the gauge.Now with the new gauge i'm running at 19 psi.You just saved me from changing out my sand this weekend.

Thanks

bats said:
JohnT said:

Thanks you were right,it was just the gauge.Now with the new gauge i'm running at 19 psi.You just saved me from changing out my sand this weekend.

Thanks

:goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.