DavidD

Mar 29, 2007
Mt Juliet, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I currently own an aging Hayward Sand filter and A.O. Smith 1 H.P. pump. Both are on their last legs and I am contemplating changing them out. My last pool had a Hayward Perflex D.E. filter (EC75A) and I absolutely loved it. In fact my only complaint was not being able to vacuum to waste without replacing the D.E. but that turned out not to be that big of a deal since I only had to do it twice while re-grouting the tile. Anyway, to my question, I would probably purchase another Perflex however I really don't know anything about the Pro Grid series D.E. filters. Anyone have an opinion about which one is better and Why?

(22k gallon IG Vinyl Liner w/ 4 returns, skimmer & main drain plumbed sepertaely)

Dave

The perflex is a 'bump' type of filter, the progrid a backwashing one. I don't like bump filters. When they get dirty you bump the DE powder off, mix the dirt into the DE and then recoat with dirty DE! I am not a fan of backwashing a DE filter either unless you also break it down a few times a year for a full cleaning but at least you are not recoating the grids with dirty DE powder!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.