Intex 18x48 Easy Set Pool

May 21, 2010
Im debating on uprading from the 1500gal pump to the 2500 but dont know if i really need to. My water is clean and have had no Issues, but just kicking the idea around that it would be alot better. What do you all think? upgrade or spend money on something else?

IMO almost all of the pumps and filters that come with the Intex units are poor setups for any pool - upgrading should include a better filter system too

I agree with NWMNMom. They work okay when the pool is clear, but as soon as you have an algae outbreak, they aren't much above useless. If you can afford it, you'll be much better off with a regular pump and filter. Whether sand, cart, or DE, it will be a BIG improvement.

yea i seen intex makes a sand pump, but I dont know how good it is. its around 200 dollars so seems like a good deal. I wouldnt mind spending around 200 on a upgrade, but dont know of any good routs. chime in if you all can think of any.

Keep in mind that you are always better off with an oversized filter rather than an over powered pump and small filter. Do a search on the site here and you will see links to pumps and filters

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.