International Leisure Products - my experience on the phone

May 29, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I have a hydrotools auto chlorine feeder for our pool. Husband bought it last summer maybe even year before that. The o ring for the cover has finally taken its last beating and wont seal off.

I pulled out my 'owners guide' (1 sheet of paper) to see if there is a size or replacement info for the o ring. No where does it list the size or anything. So I go online to search for it, wasn't getting anywhere until I put the company in that sells them. Find on their website that they sell them, look for a phone number. No where to be found. Do some more searching on the web and find an article about them w/a #. Called and this is what I got....

After auto answer I press 4. After 5:48 I got hung up on or disconnected. Never actually spoke to a person. Called back, pressed 4 again, talked to a lady (sorry don't remember her name, actually think she didn't tell me). I tell her 'I would like to know the size of o ring for my inline chlorine feeder'. She says 'the o ring?' I say 'yes the o ring for the cover, I need to know what size to buy a replacement." She then informs me 'hang on let me check', places me on hold, comes back 'they come in small, med, and large. we sell them in packs of X for $7.' I reply 'ok but can you tell me the acutal diameter of the o ring so i can go buy a replacement?' To which she says 'ma'am i just told you they come in small, med, and large and we sell them in packs.' Which made me repeat myself 'ok but I want to know the diameter of the o ring the acutal size other then small, med, large.'

She then says 'hang on let me ask.' While doing this I hear her screw up on the phone a few times and hear her call me a moron and then hung up on me. So I call right back. Press 4 again and she answers and I say 'so your going to call me a moron and hang up on me?' To which she replies 'ma'am hang on I'm transferring you.' And guess what........ yup you guessed it. Hung up on again.

Not to fear I call back yet again. Press 4 yet again, and again she answers (by this point she had stopped saying the name of the company and just would say 'hold on ma'am i'm trying to transfer you') telling me 'I'm trying to transfer you ma'am but jared (maybe jarret or something similar) is on the phone just hang on and you can talk to him.'

Finally get the guy and I start all over with him 'I am looking for the size of the o ring for my inline chlorinater.' He replies 'the size o ring, what o ring?' So I say 'the o ring for the cover for it. it needs replaced and I can't seem to find them anywhere.' To which he replies 'we sell them in packs and have them in stock but dont know the size of the o ring.' 'You sell the o rings, and the equipment, but you don't know what size the o ring is other than small, med, large?' I ask. This sorta went on for a little bit, me asking for the size of the o ring and nothing else, and him not telling me and even at one point he said 'i'm not going to tell you the size of the o ring.' Later he tells me that they are made in china and since they are not made in their plant they don't have the specs on them. He also tells me that I am being rude because 'I'm implying that they don't have them.' I'm sorry but how is that rude and when did I ever say that??? At this point I was over it and just wanted the size of the o ring. So push come to shove, the guy never told me the size, he kept claiming they don't have the info, that he was the manager, would not give me a name of someone else to talk to. I asked for the CEO or presidents name of the company and he just laughs and says 'i'm not telling you that.' Then he decides that he will throw out 'you can't call Ford and ask for their CEO or president and talk to them.' to which I say 'sure you can.' Again he laughs and tells me to 'go ahead and call them, while I'm at it call Obama and let him know.'

I got hung up on again, and this time I didn't call back, but came here to post. :x :lol:

I could not believe how they were treating me over the size of an o ring. I did tell him that I was not going to buy it from them, I just wanted to know the size so I could find a replacement.

So for anyone out there thinking of buy from this company, please don't. If anyone knows someone at this company please share this with them. I would be more than happy to speak to whoever is above that jared guy too.

I would've needed an O-ring for my exploded aorta somewhere in the middle of that. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A lot of times, I simply cannot complete the task and my wife has to take over the phone call.

Hughes.net satellite service (various-speed internet service for rednecks living in the country......varies from slow to very slow) is my nemesis. There's about 6-8 of them in Seattle and about 15 of them in Bombay that are assigned solely to my account.

If and when I call in, their sole purpose in life becomes seeing which one of them can tip me over the edge and make me hang up screaming their name in vain. Sometimes they put me on hold but frquently they enjoy demonstrating utter incompetence as they seem to know that really gets me. Once they even tag-teamed me and had two on there at once arguing over the most incorrect way to solve my issue. :shock: :shock:

Excuse me, I have to go take some blood pressure medicine. :lol: :lol:

My husband got his calipers and measured the o ring for me. Also measured something else and got online and got the size I need. I mean really, was it that hard!??!

As for the small, med, large bit... The 'packs' they sell have all 3 sizes in them because the feeder actually has 3 different size o rings. The one I need is the large one (I figured this out on my own after looking at their online drawing of it). The small and med one is for other parts of the feeder. Too bad I didn't need those parts!

I did check w/Lowes and they don't have the size I need. My mission today is to find one for less than $15.50 from the devil store.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.