I took a water sample to my local pool store, because no chlorine reading and green algae. The test results were as follow: Free Cholorine: 0.1ppm, Total Chlorine: 7.2ppm, Combined Chlorine: 7.1ppm, pH OVR 8.2, Hardness: 140ppm, Alkalinity 166ppm, Cyanuric Acid 15ppm, Copper 0, Iron 0.
I was told to add 2 lbs of Regal Oxy-Klear, then 25 lb of Super Shock-It, then 4 lbs of Regal pool stabilizer. I did all that and pool is crystal clear, but no chlorine readings. I called the local pool store and they said there is something blocking the chlorine and i need to double the amount of chlorine that I initially put it, which would be another 40-50 lbs. I should then get a reading.
I am trying the water test w/ a couple gal of water and placing bleach in it. Do I place 1 tsp in until I get a reading or keep wating every 30 min? If that works, I multiple the number of tsp time 9000, figure the pool is about 18K gals? If I then do that and do the bleach to shock the pool, how long do you wait until you can swim in it? Sorry for all the questions.