Improving Intex Circulation

jmills

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2007
Billerica MA
With the regular strainer grids on with my Intex 1500GPH filter pump it is hard to notice much water going in or coming out. This seemed especially odd, since when you put the hose adapter on for the skimmer, there is a LOT of suction. It turns out that the shape of the inside of the fitting is like the bell of a trumpet. It distributes the pressure over a wide area.

My current solution is to put the skimmer hose adapter on the OUTPUT of the pump. I now have a fairly strong blast of water into the pool. You just have to remember to put the regular strainer grid back on before people swim.

I have never used the grids with mine, useless IMO. I do use an adapter( not made for Intex ) on the output with an eyeball pointed at a slightly downward angle to create a nice swirl around the edges. Mkaes the dirt go to the middle and is easy to reach with a quick vacuum.

Hi, guys,

I'm gonna' hijack the thread a little just to make a comment. I have read postings for years about Intex, Doughboy, etc. and their poor circulatory systems.

I know these manufactureres have price points they are shooting for but it seems to me like they shoot themselves in the foot by providing such marginal equipment along with an otherwise fine product.

I would think they tarnish their reputation and get little repeat business because of that marketing approach.

I'm know their execs are smarter than me but it's hard to make sense out of their tactics.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.