Pool Cleaner Jets Not working, PLEASE HELP

Apr 29, 2010
Ok, I still cant my pool cleaner jets to work, see picture, the return valve (3-way on far left) is turned at a 45 degree angle to allow some water into the hot tub for overflow into pool, and some water for the pool cleaner jets. I have tried everything, but cannot get the jets to work longer than a minute or 2. Even when I turn the return valve to pool only, the pressure gets really high, but still wont turn the jets on. I have cleaned a filter right by the pool, that my wife says is for the pool jets..not sure about that one.

This all started when we had some work done to the pool heater, and we were messing with all the valves trying to remember how to make the spa work. Whats the red valve do, seems like it bypasses the heater...

Please help, my pool already looks dirty from not having those jets on.

Attachments

• 2010-04-29%2019_22_45.jpg
    2010-04-29%2019_22_45.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 95
The system worked before we had some work done on the heater. Again, I spent another hour last night trying to get it to work. I was using a vaccum to clean the pool floor, and while I had that hooked up, with all suction on the skimmer, to make the vac work, all of a sudden the jets came on for a moment, I disconnected the vaccum hose, then the jets stopped working. The hot tub spills into the pool via waterfall.

Also, on the far left 3-way valve (return), the right side goes down into a black housing with a clear plastic cover on it, with like 8 screws around the face holding it on. You can kind of see it in the picture, what is that??

crocs1977 said:
Also, on the far left 3-way valve (return), the right side goes down into a black housing with a clear plastic cover on it, with like 8 screws around the face holding it on. You can kind of see it in the picture, what is that??

that may be the distributor that send the water to your various popups in turn. Although every one I've seen has the water enter on the side and exit the bottom. Isthere a name or model number on it?

I'm curious about the pipes that run off the right side of the pics. What is over there?

Ok, I havent gotten to many posts on this issue, so I did some more investigating. I am attaching a photo of what we believe runs the pool cleaner jets. Pressure is good to the top of the black canister, and I removed the elbow and cleaned a screen filter in the top of the can. SO.....I believe something is wrong with this black canister, that I dont know what it does or what could be broke, so my next step is to take the band clamp off that sucker and see whats in there.

If anyone knows what this can is, and what possible issues there could be inside, let me know!!

Attachments

• 2010-06-02 20.38.09.jpg
    2010-06-02 20.38.09.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 54
If it's anything like mine you'll find a bunch of gears inside, which spin around and control which heads get water. It sounds like you could have a blockage in there, since you know you have good pressure going to it. Open it up and see!

Yes..another forum member emailed me this link, it helps explain a lot!! Here is a link for the manual. These have lifetime warranty to original pool owners, and they will provide rebuild kits for free. But the tech guy said the stainless balls could be off, or a blockage..and to take off the cover and check it out, but worse case they would send a rebuild kit to me for free.

https://www.gpspool.com/customer/geposp ... Manual.pdf

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.