Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After many weeks of reading all the advice here, I felt prepared to open my pool by myself for the first time using the BB method (without the pool service). I went from 20,000 gallons of gunk (nasty green algae, dead frogs and a LOT of smelly dead worms and I think I even cleaned out a couple snakes (but I am trying to mentally block that out, thank you very much....) to sparkling clear very quickly and I just wanted to say thank you!!

Here's a couple pics of the pool on May 19 and some of the kids playing yesterday and today! YAY!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the HAPPY pool pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Back To Top    #3

Newburgh, Indiana

17,000 gal. 28 ft. round AG doughboy, about 15 years old. 1.5HP Hayward pump, Doughboy Silica II filter.

4. Back To Top    #4
    South Carolina

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Western Piedmont, NC

That is one amazing transformation! Awesome!
    18x36 IG Vinyl, 8.5 deep, 28K, Hayward C4025 SwimClear Filter, Hayward SP2607X10 Super Pump 1HP

6. Back To Top    #6

It was really a wonderful weekend. We've lived here five years, and we usually have the pool place "open" it and then I spend weeks dumping hundreds of dollars of algaecide and stabilizers and "blue conditioner" only to go a month or more and still not be swimming. Sheesh. Wish I would have found ya'll sooner! If anyone is interested, Menards is selling "extremem shock" aka 12% bleach for fairly cheap. That's what I used (omg, and a lot of it....ha ha ha - took me a lot to kill that ****)

7. Back To Top    #7

And for the record, the pool calculator is the best webpage ever. It really saved me

8. Back To Top    #8

Houston, TX

Those pics show exactly what this forum is all about!

24' round Vogue AGP 12,000 gal. Flotec AT251001-01 1HP pump, Hayward S310T2 sand filter, Aquarite SWG T-15
    TF-100 (found at TF Test Kits) with Speedstir and Samplesizer