step jets

May 28, 2009
south jersey
I have three sets of steps will air knobs on them as soon as I open the knobs I get water coming out of them the first year they worked great you could hear the air and bubbles out of the jets now only water comes out of them I have 7 all together the jets do work but no bubbles and yes the jets are open

There are two of those rings needed. One is in the retaining ring and one sits deep in the jet body. It's the latter one that seems to go MIA during winterization and is a PITA to find replacements for. Without that one in place, water tends to come out of the air valve instead of allowing for a venturi action to form in the jet. Buying the collars are often the only way to get extra/replacement rings.

Scott

Sorry, no pix handy but the extra ring will find it's seat when inserted with the ball end. Might take a little wiggle or might go right into place. When you thread the collar and the jet body holds it's position by friction, it will move smoothly. Open the jet, open the airway and it should aspirate normally.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.