Maintaining an indoor pool, I generally prefer to use Non-chlorine shock as it takes an exceedingly long time for free chlorine numbers to fall when using chlorine shock. (the pool has a typical FC consumption of 2 - 2.5 ppm per week on light use weeks). I have read online that use of Non-Chlorine shock (I use either HTH or AquaEZ shock and swim, both are based on POTASSIUM MONOPERSULFATE) can cause false CC readings on some pool tests unless special precautions are taken. I have the TF-100 kit, and I am wondering is this one of the tests that can cause false CC levels, and if so what can I do to get correct CC readings?
p.s. I try to do chlorine shocking 2 or 3 times per swim season when I know no one will be using the pool for several days