pump leaking at motor connection

poolbee

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2007
WNY
I have a Jacuzzi Magnum Force pump that appears to be leaking where the pump and motor meet. There is a collar connection there and the collar has a yellow tab that can be removed-I do not know what that is for. Is there an o-ring in that collar that perhaps needs replacing? I don't want to play around with it totally unaware of how it works. It loses prime when it is off but is self priming and that works but I don't trust that and don't want my motor burning out. Any advice welcome!

I'm tagging this post b/c I too have a Jacuzzi Magnum Force pump and have the exact same leak. The pump came with the house & pool we bought 8 months ago. I've had 2 different pool guys that have seen this and both told me that it wasn't worth repairing until the motor dies and/or pump die out or need to be replaced. Both told me that parts are very scarce for the Jacuzzi pumps, particularly the parts for connecting it to the motor. My leak is not a very big deal. The concrete slab is always wet but there's not any huge puddles or anything.

Mine is not a huge leak either with a wet slab too. I think Jacuzzi pool division was sold to another company a few years ago-not certain about that though. My pump is only 4 years old.

Poolbee, I've seen a similar question elsewhere :cool:

I don't know enough about the Jacuzzi pumps to give you a 'nuts and bolts' how to, but it's either the shaft seal assembly or the housing gasket, or both. I was hoping someone who knows these pumps would have responded, but I can tell you the generals of what needs be done.

I too have a magnum force pump with this problem. My problem is self inflicted. On the weekend I cleaned out the debris and restarted the pump. I must have cross threaded the lid and that combined with 6 or 7 kids getting out of the pool for dinner lowered the water level sufficiently to drop the water level in the pool so that the pump wouldn't maintain the prime. A couple hours later I noticed that the filter was sucking air and eventually corrected the two problems. Once everything was properly set up again and the water level in the pool was raised all was fine again but now I have a steady trickle of water leaking from the bottom of the pump. The leak isn't significant enough to cause water level issues. Should I worry about this? Is there something I can do to fix it or is a pro needed? Or should I wait until it dies as niceguymr was advised?

Nick

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.