Cheapest / least expensive place to buy chemicals? (online?)

May 28, 2010
Where do you find to be the cheapest / least expensive place to buy pool chemicals? I suppose I'll always have to go to the local store for jugs of chlorine or acid but what about all the other stuff like calcium, alkalinity, stabilizer, algecide, etc.? Can these things be purchased online and if so, are there any reputable online dealers where the savings are significant? What about places like Walmart or Home Depot? Just curious where people go to save money on chemicals.

Thanks in advance!

:cheers:

I get everything at Walmart and Lowes. CYA, bleach and muriatic acid is all I ever use. Alkalinity increaser is baking soda, and the best place to buy is Sam's Club. Shipping eats you up on online orders for most things.

I use bleach primarily, and that comes from Walmart, the local grocery if on sale, or the pool store as liquid chlorine 10%. I get Muriatic Acid from Home Depot or Lowes. I sometimes use Cal-Hypo for my chlorine source if the CH is low, and that comes from Warehouse Pool Supply or Leslie's. I keep trichlor pucks on hand for vacations, from Leslie's. I get Polaris parts locally or online, depending on how much of an emergency it is. I get cartridge filters locally. I get test kit chemicals from TFP online. That is all I have needed in a year and a half of owning this pool.

In my pool book I have phone numbers of all the local pool stores and the other places listed above so I can call and compare prices and concentrations before I drive to pick up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.