Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Blue/Purple Stain

1. Back To Top    #1

West Hollywood, CA

Blue/Purple Stain

Topic split off by Moderator.

I've cleaned my pool and still have this purple stain around the water level of my vinyl liner. It's also on the steps of my wedding cake stairs. Very stubborn and won't come off. Will this ascorbic acid really work? Here is a closeup pic of the problem. Am new here and love all your stories and pics, etc.! When I think of how many years I was doing this all by myself with no input save for my Mr. Pool guys!

Thanks for this forum! ~Patrice
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [center:3jp7r7gm]15'x25'x4' Oval Muskin AGP, blue vinyl liner, sunk 2 feet in ground with redwood decking. Approx 10k gallons. Hayward Perflex filter D.E. and Hayward 1.5 hp pump. One return line. Wedding cake stairs. (whew, hopefully that describes the pool!)[/center:3jp7r7gm]

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Blue/Purple Stain

You should try holding a vitamin C tablet agains the stain for 30 seconds and see if anything happens. If the stain gets lighter, you can use an ascorbic acid treatment on the entire stain.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School