My Pentair Rainbow 320 Installation

May 28, 2010
Just thought I'd post some pics of my Rainbow Pentair 320 Installation.

Here is my original plumbing setup. As you can see, everything is pretty tightly crammed in.
IMG_9143x.jpg

Given the installation requirements according to the manufacturer, I was concerned about 2 things: Not having enough straight pipe leading up to the inlet, and being able to remove / salvage it if necessary. Both of these would necessitate me re-routing the pipes a bit.

Chlorinator1s.jpg

Through numerous trial and error attempts, I created a 'dry fit' assembly of what would need to be replaced.

IMG_2861x.jpg

Here is the section I cut out. I made sure that the cut points allowed me enough room for couplers.

IMG_2863x.jpg

I assembled the parts so that the last part would be the end segment closest to the pump that I would cap on at the end. This way, I wouldn't have to try to wiggle pipes into place and everything would fit good and tight.

IMG_2873x.jpg

And here it is all assembled.

IMG_2878x.jpg

duraleigh said:
That's very nice work inside a very confined and hard to deal with area...congrats!

What's that unattached 2" pipe that has 2 90's at the top?

Thanks. I spent probably an entire's day worth of work on so it was very gratifying to turn it on and see it work.

I honestly have no idea wht that unattached pipe is. We just recently bought this house so I'm learning things about it little by little. I figured that it was something that was left by the original pool builder - maybe to add a heater or something? I have no idea but I'd love to find out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.