rock under liner

May 8, 2010
noticed a small rock about the size of a marble under my 27 round liner today. its jagged not smooth. I have a leveled dirt spot with maybe 3 - 6 inch sand base under the pool.

This is my first pool. I stuck an under water patch kit over the spot just to reinforce it. Do I just deal with it if it rips or is there something else I can do? Draining is not really an option.

Do the underwater patch kits work well.

And right now I have no leak just a rock. guessing at some point it will tear though

any help or advice would be great

Unless you are prepared to drain and re-do the entire pool, I wouldn't worry too much about it. What you did with the patch is generally the advice that is given for this type of thing. We have had some stones show up noticably after filling our pool the time before this last one but surprisingly it was a completely different spot that got holes. If it is a brand new fill you may be able to push the stone down with your toe or heel - the patch is the next step for reinforcement. Yes, the Boxer Glue and some other kits do work very well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.