loud pump

If it is a grinding or screeching sound, it could be the bearings are going. Normally pumps are not that loud.

That sounds more like water flow issue. What is the filter presure with and without the vacuum? Does the sound come from the pump housing or the plumbing near it?

Also, it might help for you to describe your plumbing in a bit more detail. Number runs, lengths, number of eyeballs and size, pad equipment, etc.

i havent connected to the fliter yet im opening today and just vacumed to waste and circulating. i going to the filter soon. i just added my algecide and going to circulate that for a little while and then add all the rest of my chems then go to the filter. i have all 1 1/2 about 2 to 3 feet above water line i have a single valve for both main and skimmer. my pad is my hayward base where the filter tank sits higher then the pump, on top of a big peice of 2" slate on top of dirt, its definitly coming from the housing, it makes different noises from turning valve from main to skimmer and so on.

Vacuuming to waste and circulation without going through the filter may be what is causing the noise. Those modes tend to have lower return head loss and thus much higher flow rates which will make more noise. Are you also seeing tiny bubbles in the pump basket? I would wait and see if the noise decreases when going through the filter.

well the noise decreased after going to filter, but was still pretty annoying, upon further investigation i slipped peices of rubber under the base and the noise went down alot, it was a combo, of non filter water flow which was very high i guess w/ out the filter to slow it down and vibration w/ plastic base on the slate, still louder then my neighbors who has the same pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.