Central Connecticut
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Most of the chemistry is within range. Still a little smell like a public pool. will test later for CCs again. Shocked last night.

Water crystal clear.

However, backflushed this morning and then when I turned the pump back on, cloudy water came out of the return jets for about a minute. What would cause that ????

Thanks

However, backflushed this morning and then when I turned the pump back on, cloudy water came out of the return jets for about a minute.
Did you set the valve to "rinse" after you backwashed?

On a somewhat different topic, I'm not sure you were finished with the shock process if you had to backwash this AM.

Are you familiar with "How to Shock your Pool" in Pool School?

Wait till it has been a week since you added CYA and then test CYA again. You should aim to eventually raise CYA to between 40 and 50.

Other than that, your levels look fairly good.

The smell usually comes from CC levels being above 0. It looks like you are almost there. If needed, running with your FC level a little higher than usual should clear up the last of the CC fairly quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.