Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Changing sand in a Hayward S200

1. Back To Top    #1

Changing sand in a Hayward S200

Hi, I want to change the sand on a Hayward S200. What would be best way to access the sand? Would I take the small top access dome off or take the large top half of the filter dome that has all of the bolts on it off? I imagine if I take off the big filter dome I would want to replace the large o ring? Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Changing sand in a Hayward S200

You need to take the whole top half off, lots of bolts to loosen.

The large o-ring can almost always be re-used, check it for nicks or cuts and then lube it up with some silicone pool/plumbers lube.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Is a wet dry vacuum the best option to get the sand out? thanks

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, a shop vac is the way most people go. Be careful not to damage the laterals, which are buried in the sand.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.