Aquarite with T15 cell low salt and inspect cell light on

I just purchased a new T15 cell for my 18X36 in-ground vinyl liner pool due to the low salt and inspect cell lights coming on after a few seconds of sliding the switch to AUTO. The pool is balanced and I still have the same results. Now the first reading is 700 all the rest seem to be correct Temp and so on. I did inspect the board and didn't see any burnt spots and was told by Goldline that since I got 5 seasons out of my original T15 cell it was time to replace it. After reading the manual 3 times I still can't find a possible solution to my issue. Has anyone else had this issue? I have search the forum but couldn't find anybody with this same issue. I am have read many post on this site and wish I had found this site before I purchased a pool. I think I might have joined a swim club instead. Thank you in advance for any suggestions you might have.

Chris

Welcome to TFP!

Could you post a full set of water test results, including water temperature? What you call balanced and what we call balanced are likely to be different. Low salt and inspect cell are most likely to come on when the salt level is low and the water is cold, though there are several other possibilities.

Check the cable between the control unit and the SWG and make sure there aren't any cuts or nicks and that it is firmly connected on both ends.

Mine did the same thing until my salt level was a minimum of 2900 or more and my water hit 71 degrees

Created my own issue. Cell went up and I added enough salt to fill the Atlantic ocean. I misread the strips and emptied the pool a dozen times. I feel horrible for wasting all the water. I went out bought more salt read the test strips balanced the pool and the system seems to be working correctly. As a side note I will promote this site to everybody that has a pool or spa. I was at our local wholesale club and noticed a lady looking at the SWG and inquired if she was thinking about buying one. She said she did and was looking for the salt I told her to check the Home Depot or Lowes. I also told her to register troublefreepool.com because it is awesome. Thank you for creating this site.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.