intelliflo vs 3050 here; install questions

May 27, 2009
My new 3050 arrived today. It talks of minimum 10" straight pipe from suction side before any 90's are added. ALso, the pump takes 2" pipe.
I have 1.5" pipe buried under concrete connected directly to a 90 on a 20 year old leaking Marlow pump.

What's my best option for plumbing the new 3050 ? Moving everything ?

Should I reduce to 1.5" at the pump, or run min. 10" @ 2" first ,before reducing? (on suction side)

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• marlow as is.jpg
    marlow as is.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 46
  • pool pump top view.jpg
    pool pump top view.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 46
  • marlow piping side view.jpg
    marlow piping side view.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 46
Ideally you should run 10" of 2" pipe straight into the pump, but in practice it will work with much less. It looks to me like you could easily get several inches of straight pipe just by pushing the pump a little further "down" from the point of view of looking the pictures.

I don't have much room to move it down; the right edge of the overall photo is the door frame to the pool house. My concern over the straight length is mostly due to the install manual saying less than that will cause premature failure of the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.