Rotisserie...worth the money?

joseywales

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2009
Exton, PA
I picked an electric rotisserie for $70, but I'm not certain it's worth it and I might return it. The unit, etc. all seem fine. I'm just wondering if we'll use it that much on our propane grill.

Also wondering how much propane we'll use cooking a chicken.

I do like the fact that the house won't be building heat, since our oven won't be on.

Anyone using a rotisserie often?

Worth it- you bet, but mine is built into the grill instead of an electric one.

I typically use mine once a week in fall/winter- twice in the spring/ summer.

I find it makes for tastier, more juicy birds, and is more economical on propane than say beer can chicken on the grill over a burner.

Uncle Dave

Hi, I picked one up a couple of years ago at Target for 30 bucks...I am a charcoal person and love the taste (and smell) of roasting chicken (or anything else for that matter)...especially with a cold one near by...We've also roasted lamb, beef...definitely worth it !!

If you're wanting to cook a chicken on the grill, why not just do a "beer butt chicken?" Just put a 1/2 empty/full beer can up it's rear and put it on the grill about an hour. I put a chunk of garlic and onion in the can too. It's great and easy. You don't have to mess with it. :cheers:

Oops, didn't see Uncle Dave's post. Sorry.

A rotisserie is a must if you ever plan on doing a standing rib roast. We do one every 6 weeks and it is to die for. :cheers: :cheers:
Every thing done on a rotisserie comes out much juicer :whoot: We use our grill 5-7 days a week and always have 2 spare tanks available :party: :cheers: :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.