linda1

Mar 26, 2010
Western Pa.
This is the first week that we have actually used the pool. We have a 70 acre farm and my daughter and son both have built homes on it. So, the grandkids are within walking distance and plan to use the pool everyday. I'd like to hear some of your pool "rules". The only one I have told them so far is they have to have one of their parents with them. But, boy the towels, food, clothes, friends, etc. had my head spinning!

No running.
Hang up your towel. (on a chair, on the fence, on the rack, just somewhere!)
No food in the pool.
No glass anywhere near the pool.
Always put away all the pool toys/ gear before you get out for the day.
Cleanup is a must, (trash, food, clothes, towels, etc. you dont want all that stuff blowing in the pool.
Call before coming over.
I also keep "swimmies" those floatie armbands for any smaller kids with questionable swim skills.
I suppose the "friends" part is up to you and your children and to how you handle that. At my pool, if you bring your kids, then you are responsible for them!

To add to what's already been listed:

1. Bring your own towels
2. If you're bringing friends, they bring their own towels too.
3. No adults present = no one in the pool - no exceptions.
4. NO DIVING!!!!
5. AGAIN, NO DIVING!!!!

Work out food and snacks with your son and daughter. They shouldn't expect grandma to feed the grandkids every day, and especially feed the grandkids' friends, should they bring them along.

Some of our rules:

* One person at a time on the slide or diving board. The next person in line must have their feet on the patio.
* Be nice. If you are not nice to the other guests, you will be asked to leave.
* No glass on the pool deck or patio.
* No pushing or horseplay.
* No earrings, bobby-pins, or metal hair clips in the pool.

Also, my kids must ask if they are allowed to have friends over, if only because they are not allowed to swim if my wife or I are not home. Generally, we have their friends over after lunch or after dinner. (Mornings are for chores.) The kids know to say "...hey, why don't you come over after you eat..." Lunch or dinner guests require a bit more planning and prep. Sometimes we are in eat and run mode in order to make it to a little league game or other activity.

More additions to the stuff already listed:

Shower before entering pool
Pool cover must go back on when you are done
Close gate securely when done

Someone here said that they told the kids that if they didn't want to go into the house to pee, to get out of the pool and go around the corner where the hose is. OK to pee there if you wash it all into the grass and wash off yourself.

Given that I cannot hold beer, AT ALL. I think this works well for anyone who finds going inside to be a bother.

54921465.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
DBfan187 said:

I haven't seen one of those in years, but I'm glad to see someone else appreciates that sign. You can always tell the younger ones that you put a chemical in to detect if someone pees in the pool and the water will turn red around them, but that only works till they wise up :mrgreen:

bigjess007 said:
DBfan187 said:

I haven't seen one of those in years, but I'm glad to see someone else appreciates that sign. You can always tell the younger ones that you put a chemical in to detect if someone pees in the pool and the water will turn red around them, but that only works till they wise up :mrgreen:

hahaha I remember someone told me about the 'chemical to detect pee' when I was little, and it wasn't until recently that I figured that was a myth... -I'm 33 now! HA... Love the sign though!

We just closed our sign business, but still have most things to make signs with (except the large printer we had), so I made up 4 of these...one for each gate plus another for inside the pool area.

Attachments

• Pool Rules.jpg
    Pool Rules.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 946
ChiknNutz said:
We just closed our sign business, but still have most things to make signs with (except the large printer we had), so I made up 4 of these...one for each gate plus another for inside the pool area.
I have a cricut and have cut vinyl to make signs for friends and our church. Never thought about using it for our pool. Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.