Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rules

1. Back To Top    #1

Rules

This is the first week that we have actually used the pool. We have a 70 acre farm and my daughter and son both have built homes on it. So, the grandkids are within walking distance and plan to use the pool everyday. I'd like to hear some of your pool "rules". The only one I have told them so far is they have to have one of their parents with them. But, boy the towels, food, clothes, friends, etc. had my head spinning!
    30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system
    Hayward H250N gas heater; TF100 Test Kit
    2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels
    Dolphin E 10 ~ Zoomerang slide
    Majestic 8000 Above-Ground Pool Step

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rules

No running.
    Hang up your towel. (on a chair, on the fence, on the rack, just somewhere!)
    No food in the pool.
    No glass anywhere near the pool.
    Always put away all the pool toys/ gear before you get out for the day.
    Cleanup is a must, (trash, food, clothes, towels, etc. you dont want all that stuff blowing in the pool.
    Call before coming over.
    I also keep "swimmies" those floatie armbands for any smaller kids with questionable swim skills.
    I suppose the "friends" part is up to you and your children and to how you handle that. At my pool, if you bring your kids, then you are responsible for them!
    WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!

3. Back To Top    #3

1: If your kid is in the pool, so are you.
    2: No Swimming (suits) after dark.
    10,600 Gallon 12x32x4 Above Ground
    Hayward Veri-Flo sand filter
    Hayward 1hp pump

Taylor k-2006

4. Back To Top    #4

To add to what's already been listed:

1. Bring your own towels
    2. If you're bringing friends, they bring their own towels too.
    3. No adults present = no one in the pool - no exceptions.
    4. NO DIVING!!!!
    5. AGAIN, NO DIVING!!!!

Work out food and snacks with your son and daughter. They shouldn't expect grandma to feed the grandkids every day, and especially feed the grandkids' friends, should they bring them along.
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

5. Back To Top    #5

Some of our rules:

* One person at a time on the slide or diving board. The next person in line must have their feet on the patio.
    * Be nice. If you are not nice to the other guests, you will be asked to leave.
    * No glass on the pool deck or patio.
    * No pushing or horseplay.
    * No earrings, bobby-pins, or metal hair clips in the pool.

Also, my kids must ask if they are allowed to have friends over, if only because they are not allowed to swim if my wife or I are not home. Generally, we have their friends over after lunch or after dinner. (Mornings are for chores.) The kids know to say "...hey, why don't you come over after you eat..." Lunch or dinner guests require a bit more planning and prep. Sometimes we are in eat and run mode in order to make it to a little league game or other activity.
    Cleveland, Ohio
    20 x 46 Vinyl (self-built)
    Pentair Intelliflo VF pump : Pentair Quad D.E. 80 filter : Pentair IC-40 SWG : Raypak 335k N.G. heater
    Diving board : Slide : 4 Jandy Deck Jets : Automatic Cover

6. Back To Top    #6

More additions to the stuff already listed:

Shower before entering pool
    Pool cover must go back on when you are done
    Close gate securely when done
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

7. Back To Top    #7

...and the #1 rule is "No peeing in the pool!"
    Vintage 1963 20' x 40' elliptical, 27,000 gal. painted concrete, diving board, Sta-Rite Dura-Glas pump DIY upgrade 2009 with A.O. Smith B2981 E-Plus New Centurion High Efficiency Two-Speed Motor, full rated-1.67 SF 115V, 3/4 hp-12.4 amps high speed, 0.10 hp-2.2 amps low speed running 24/7 low speed, Hayward 225T sand filter

8. Back To Top    #8

Someone here said that they told the kids that if they didn't want to go into the house to pee, to get out of the pool and go around the corner where the hose is. OK to pee there if you wash it all into the grass and wash off yourself.

Given that I cannot hold beer, AT ALL. I think this works well for anyone who finds going inside to be a bother.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

10. Back To Top    #10

1. BYOB, L, S (beer, liquor, smokes)
    2. BYO Grillin Meats
    3. BYO Snacks
    4. Have fun
    5. No running (unless it's to the fridge)
    6. Pee anywhere but in the pool or hot tub.
    Backyard pool-less, but used to be.....
    16,100 gallon, 18x38 3.5 ft deep oval AG, Vinyl, Sand, 1hp pump
    http://www.poolservicestech.com Liquidator
    http://www.poolcalculator.com/
    http://www.tftestkits.net TFT100 test kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Make sure you have some type of fence around the pool to keep the kids out unless an adult is there. Well worth the cost.
    Phoenix, AZ
    Unknown pool size -Diving pool

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by DBfan187
    I haven't seen one of those in years, but I'm glad to see someone else appreciates that sign. You can always tell the younger ones that you put a chemical in to detect if someone pees in the pool and the water will turn red around them, but that only works till they wise up
    17k gal., sorta IG vinyl, 1.5 hp pump, 21" sand filter, EZVac cleaner

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by bigjess007
    I haven't seen one of those in years, but I'm glad to see someone else appreciates that sign. You can always tell the younger ones that you put a chemical in to detect if someone pees in the pool and the water will turn red around them, but that only works till they wise up
    hahaha I remember someone told me about the 'chemical to detect pee' when I was little, and it wasn't until recently that I figured that was a myth... -I'm 33 now! HA... Love the sign though!
    Built in 2014, 18,000gal, plaster, in ground, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 2.0 HP, Booster Pump, Cartridge filters, inline chlorinator, automatic cleaner, Pentair MasterTemp 400 heater, Silencer for SPA.
    Bloody hot summers in Katy, TX; the rest of the year is just plain hot!

14. Back To Top    #14

We just closed our sign business, but still have most things to make signs with (except the large printer we had), so I made up 4 of these...one for each gate plus another for inside the pool area.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris A.
    20x40 36k gal IG vinyl pool w/diving board & slide | 1.25HP Pentair Challenger motor & pump | 30" Triton TR100 sand filter | Pentair SM-20-3 multiport | Stenner 45MHP2 Peristaltic Pump & 13 gallon carboy (BBB) | Hayward CL200 Tablet Chlorinator (used on pool startup) | TF-100 | 2003 Sundance 850 Altamar hot tub

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by ChiknNutz
    We just closed our sign business, but still have most things to make signs with (except the large printer we had), so I made up 4 of these...one for each gate plus another for inside the pool area.
    I have a cricut and have cut vinyl to make signs for friends and our church. Never thought about using it for our pool. Thanks.
    30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system
    Hayward H250N gas heater; TF100 Test Kit
    2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels
    Dolphin E 10 ~ Zoomerang slide
    Majestic 8000 Above-Ground Pool Step

16. Back To Top    #16

Anyone know where I can order this sign?
    Inground concrete pool 14600 gallons,Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP WFE-3, Hayward swimclear 420sq ft
    Zodiac LM3-24 SWG, Dolphin Diagnostic poolrobot, Heatpump Gullberg&Jansson 13,8KW, TF testkit.

Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you You were trying to break into another world A world I never knew
    I always kind of wondered If you ever made it through Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you

17. Back To Top    #17

In the Industry

18. Back To Top    #18

Thanks for the link Db fan!
    Unfortunately do they not ship over seas.
    Inground concrete pool 14600 gallons,Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP WFE-3, Hayward swimclear 420sq ft
    Zodiac LM3-24 SWG, Dolphin Diagnostic poolrobot, Heatpump Gullberg&Jansson 13,8KW, TF testkit.

Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you You were trying to break into another world A world I never knew
    I always kind of wondered If you ever made it through Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you

19. Back To Top    #19

In the Industry

I would ship it to you, but it's gonna be ex$pensive! LOL

20. Back To Top    #20

Hey, just thought I'd post our new Pool Rules sign. Hopefully it'll keep the neighborhood kids under control!

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bham Dave

22,000 gallon IG pool, spill-over spa, SWG, etc. (and mesh pool fence with self-closing gate for our 2-year-old!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast