Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tile repair

1. Back To Top    #1

Tile repair

Looking to get a good recommendation on tile repair or referral for a repair contractor. The side that has the tile missing is loose all the way down that side. The other side that looks ok is loose also. The side that has the tile missing is loose all the way down that side. The other side that looks ok is loose also. I have a couple of feet of new replacement tile but most of the tile will need to be reused or replaced. I am in Carrollton TX DFW area.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Intex Ultra 18' x 52" AG 6,981 Gal.
    3 - 2'x20' solar panels
    Hayward XStream 1500 Cart Filter
    Hayward 1-1/2 HP 2-speed Superpump
    Aquabot Pool Rover
    2-Softub 300 hot tubs (yup just got one for the lake)
    TF Test Kit Doing the BBB for 7 years
    Medota Heights,Minnesota

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tile repair

Well, I got no suggestions but I gotta say that I love the design of that tile.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Tile repair

Quote Originally Posted by rockyk
    I have a couple of feet of new replacement tile but most of the tile will need to be reused or replaced.
    It's not an easy job to reuse tileplates(even if I understand that you wanna save those plates). It's gonna be time consuming and from a economic perspective are you probably better of to buy new plates. Often is most of the thinset left on the tileplate leaving it with a smooth surface and that is not something you want to have on a tile that you should mount in a harsh enviroment like a pool.
    I would start over with new plates. Choose one with a rough backside so you get good bonding to the surface. Use a thinset that are floating out a bit better than the ordinary, so you make sure that the whole plate are covered with thinset, that's important!
    Grind and prepare the surface with a primer before mounting.
    Inground concrete pool 14600 gallons,Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP WFE-3, Hayward swimclear 420sq ft
    Zodiac LM3-24 SWG, Dolphin Diagnostic poolrobot, Heatpump Gullberg&Jansson 13,8KW, TF testkit.

Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you You were trying to break into another world A world I never knew
    I always kind of wondered If you ever made it through Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you