Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Intex SWG connected to Clearwater sand filter, Low Flow

1. Back To Top    #1

New Intex SWG connected to Clearwater sand filter, Low Flow

I am connecting a new Intex SWG to my old Clearwater sand filter system, the rated output of the original system is rated at 28000 gal per 8 hrs. The required rate for the SWG syatem is a min of 700gph.
    Followed directions(?) and inserted SWG per the manual. Started the pump and waited an hour, then turned the SWG on and set the timer per the manual. After 2min the system started beeping and gave a digital warning of 90 and the flashing light on the Low Flow indicator.
    Disconnected the SWG and cleaned and reconnected wires and hoses, and tried again with the same results
    The pump/motor does not have a hp rating listed in the motor, only four stars (****). Fresh sand and cleaned out hoses and pump and back flushed. Strong return flow through the return system.
    Has anyone else had this issue?
    Thanks for your help
    Lee

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Intex SWG connected to Clearwater sand filter, Low Flow

I've only had that issue when I do something silly, like accidentally close a valve or assemble things backwards.

Perhaps a bad /dirty / loose /backwards flow sensor on the SWG?
    (the little round thingy with a wire protruding from the top of the pipe on the outlet side of the SWG cell)

see:
    http://faq.intexstore.com/faqsup/pub/Fa ... rmcontact=
    17' x 25' x 48" Laguna "Portable" Pool (~12,000 Gallons)
    Intex 8111 SWG, Pump, and Filter
    3 Fafco AGP 4 x 20 Solar Bear Panels
    Dirt Devil "Pool Boy" (Pool Rover Jr.)
    BBB and a SWG make my pool care really E-Z

3. Back To Top    #3

If the unit is installed backward it won't sense flow even is there is enough. Take a pic of your setup and maybe we can figure out what's wrong.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the input, and ya,ll were both correct, I had the floow tube in backwards,funny little arrow points in the direction that the flow is suposed to go,
    Thanks for making me look at it again
    Lee