Chlorine and new plaster pool...question

Apr 18, 2010
Hi All,
Saturday our pool was plastered with a quartz aggregate (maui gem).
According to the plaster co (pyramid concrete) we can begin to add chlorine starting day 3.
Since we want to go in the pool this weekend, i think i'd like to do this tomorrow!
I checked the pool calculator and for an FC increase from 0.1 to 4.0 it said to add 210oz of 6% bleach.
Based on my reading, looks like it is best to dilute ~10:1 in water....so if i were to add 1/2 gallon of chlorine bleach to 4.5 g pool water in a 5g bucket and repeat this procedure until all 210oz were added would i be ok?
Assume it is best to pour over the deepend, avoid sides, etc....i dont want to stain/interefere with the plaster.
Does this sound ok or should i follow a different procedure?
Many thanks!!!

You shouldn't need to dilute the chlorine if you pour slowly over a return flow in the deep end with the pump running. Then after you have finished adding the chlorine, lightly brush the side and bottom of the pool to ensure thorough mixing (assuming your plaster company says it's OK to lightly brush the pool surface).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.