Pool Heater

momof2

May 26, 2010
Southern CT
I have a 15x30x54 oval above ground pool and want to get a heater. I also have oil heat, not sure if i go with electric or proprane. Is 100,000 btu is enough - i have gotten conflicting recommends on that as well. Any recommends out there on the best way to heat my pool?

People with a lot more experience then I will no doubt weigh in with more scientific answers to your questons, but for what it's worth, I believe you will find that fossil fuels (propane in your case) are the more economical choice vs. electric for pool heating.

(Removed the 2nd part of my post after I realized that you were sizing a heater for an above ground pool, sorry my bad)

If you have a situation where solar could work, it is by far the most economical option. A sunny southern or western roof exposure or an area in the yard where a rack can be placed is about all that is needed. If you are handy, the installation is a snap, so you can have a pretty good heat source for less than $1500 that has almost no operating cost.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.