Equipment placement and Happy Bottom Questions ...

GCS

Jul 28, 2008
My 27' round AGP will be installed next Wed (sorry I wussed out and hired someone) and I have a question about filter/pump placement.

Naturally most people have them right next to the pool and can and may have to do that for money reasons but I am also considering putting into an old metal shed that I have in my yard.

This shed is probably a solid 30-40 feet from the pool location. Shed is all metal and in good shape (full of junk that needs to be tossed of course) and has a wooden floor in it.

Pump/Filter combo is a Waterco T450 and 2HP pump.

Should I put this in the shed and run hard 2" PVC underground from it to the pool. Is the distance too far?

Greg

EDIT -- Adding the Happy Bottom question.

Is there an acceptable alternative to Happy Bottom? We want to use this but no one stocks it they all have at least a 7-10 day lead time then they need to ship to us. Installer is coming Wednesday.

I know there is Gorilla Pad but that is more of a weed barrier then a "padding".

The installer will be putting down a layer of sand of course (packed down and not sure how thick) but I would like some nice cushioning on the bottom for our feet.

Any good & safe options that I can get in time for the Wed install?

Re: Equipment placement question .... put into shed or not?

GCS,

I would absolutely put it in the shed...

1. That is not too far.....will hardly make a difference

2. Sun and water are the enemies of all things mechanical

3. The extra quietness is an amazing benefit.

4. It gives the wasps a nice, dry place to set up shop so they can ambush you when you go in to check on the filter. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Okay, so number 4 may not be huge benefit :lol: :lol: Nevertheless, I think the benefits far outweigh the annoyances of a few critters.

Re: Equipment placement question .... put into shed or not?

Oh great thanks for the wasp comment .. I am allergic, LOL!

I guess better get my bug gear on then.

Should I leave the sliding doors to the shed opened or closed? Shed is roughly 12'x'12'x6' and only has small slit vents where the roof attaches to the sides.

Greg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.