May 23, 2009
Any good advice on how to keep ducks out of your pool?

The polaris seems to spook them when it is running. But I can't keep it running all of the time.

Non lethal suggestions only, please.

Do you have a solar blanket on your pool? I've had ducks a couple of times, but only in the spring when I was shocking the pool before I put the solar blanket on it. If it keeps the ducks out, lowers evaporation, retains heat and (maybe) reduces chlorine loss, it might be a good investment. I got a 5mil 16x32 online for $79 shipped.

Get some cheap, heavy fishing line and run it back and forth above the pool in a zig-zag pattern. Connect it to trees, fences or whatever. If you can put it high enough, you don't have to worry about walking into it.

It makes the ducks feel like they are trapped, because they know there is something up there that could keep them from flying away if they are scared.

Get a "RainBird" type sprinkler with a motion detector and put it near the pool. When the motion detector catches the duck it will kick on and scare the duck away. You won't end up with a duck dinner like you would with a more lethal approach, but the problem will be solved :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.