FC loss

I find it does, but it could be because I've always shocked when I had lots of organics built up.

On an unrelated note, I used to live in Dexter right on Baker Street. I was there during the Dexter Days Blaze :D

Most sources of chlorine loss have it be a percentage of chlorine that is lost. There are some exceptions where the chlorine reacts very quickly in which case the amount of consumption is more related to how much there is to which chlorine reacts. So our overnight FC loss rule in theory should allow for higher losses if the shock level is very high (not the FC level, but the FC/CYA ratio), but in practice the <= 1 ppm FC drop overnight is reasonable as a simple rule.

Am I understanding that since I was at a 23 level and dropped to 21 (CYA 70) overnight that I may not actually have a problem? I may be misinterpreting what was said, but before I go dumping a bunch more bleach in the pool I would like to make sure it is needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.