May 23, 2010
union beach n.j.
i am opening my pool for the first time on friday, i have a chlorinater w/ 3" tabs left over, i was told to put 3 at a time in is that about right (pool info in sig). do i load the tabs at the same time i start to shock the pool?

or should i bypass the filter and circulate the shock first for a day or so, and then go to the filter? i just dont know

ok, i tested the water, my cover is still on by, the way water was hot too, im so ready for a swim i worked all day putting up a fence right next to it, and got tottaly sunburnt, it was taunting me.

ph 7.2
cl 0
tc 0
ta 80
thats the extent of my kit, but i ordered the tf-100 kit today, so hopefully that comes soon
the water is very clear i thought it would have been green by now i guess that will happen as soon as the sun hits it

Until your kit gets in, I would do the following...

1. Go ahead and use the tabs. 3-4 in the chlorinator is fine.

2. Add a large jug of Clorox in the evening each evening until you can test with your TF-100 kit.....you need to supplement the tabs (for now) and Clorox is the best, quickest way to do it.

3. Just as soon as you get the kit, Post back your results, particularly for CYA. That'll help us determine what to suggest next.

That should give you the opportunity to swim for a few days and I think will prevent your pool turning green.

Keep the pump on "filter" mode and run it at least 8 hours daily. Nore your psi when you start up and watch for any pressure increase after you add the chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.