Water level going down ??

May 26, 2010
I have an above ground pool and began siphoning the water off the cover a couple days ago using a small garden hose. I just let it go and when I checked it today there is still water in the cover but the pool is down to almost half full! It was not like this when I started. The only thing I can think of is that there is a hole in the cover somewhere. If so, how would you suggest I get the cover off as I probably cannot get the water out.

Any other ideas about what may have caused the drop in the water level while the cover still has water?

Sounds like a classic case of a hole in the cover. I don't have any practical suggestion for it, maybe someone who has will advise. Chances are good the water underneath looks like the water on top, so maybe just scoop as much solids off the top, and let the murky stuff fall in and then just follow the steps for clearing up a green swamp:

Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparkling Oasis

Shocking Your Pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.