Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: jandy lite 2 heater works when jumpered but not by remote

1. Back To Top    #1

jandy lite 2 heater works when jumpered but not by remote

I have a Jandy Lite 2 nat gas heater that works when fireman's connection is jumped. When attempting to use remote the heater does not turn on. The switch closes to a short when the wires are disconnected from the heater. Cleaned all contacts, everything seems to work but heater still won't fire remotely. Any thoughts? Thanks!
    25,000 gal inground 18x36 pool, vinyl liner, heat pump, sand filter, BBB method(thanks to you guys), in VA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: jandy lite 2 heater works when jumpered but not by remote

Did you test at the wire or the switch connections on your controller? Did you test the wire?

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: jandy lite 2 heater works when jumpered but not by remote

I tested it both places. It's a very short run. 6 feet. Only 2 years old and I did change the wire. Still fires up locally but not from remote . Thanks for the reply!
    25,000 gal inground 18x36 pool, vinyl liner, heat pump, sand filter, BBB method(thanks to you guys), in VA