Where does the wall foam meet the foam coving????

DP

May 26, 2010
I have an above ground pool and I am about to replace the beaded liner. I have ordered the following materials:
Liner
Gorrila padded floor
Adhesive foam coving
Wall foam
My last liner install I left the old wall foam up, leveled out the existing pool sand on the floor and created the coving with the sand. This time I am putting the gorilla floor pad down and installing new wall foam and the foam coving. The only detail I have not been able to figure out is this. I will put the gorilla floor pad down 1st, then I assume I will have to put the coving in as it has an adhesive back that needs to stick to the side wall of the pool. Now how do I deal with the wall foam? The wall foam is 48” high, my pool wall is 47 ½” from the bottom of the pool wall to the bead receiver, then you take into account the foam cove, this all means I have to cut the wall foam down. The question is, am I supposed to maybe put the wall foam up before the coving and cut it so maybe about an inch or so will tuck behind the adhesive cove, so when I put the cove in most of it will adhere to the pool wall and the wall foam will sit nicely tucked under it? Or am I supposed to try and cut the wall foam so it just touches the top of the foam cove? Or is the wall foam supposed to roll right over top of the coving?
Thanks in advance

I was afraid that was going to be the answer, not that I think its wrong, obviously I did not know. my concern with that was that I was going to hang the wall foam with some Gorrila tape just at the top, that would leave the wall foam to be basically floating in place, loose at the bottom so to speak (as it was originally). If I adhere the coving to the floating base of the wall foam,,,,you can see where im going with this im sure,,,,

Don't do it! If you are using foam cove and wall foam do it right with the spray adhesive. We just installed exactly the same list of items after our old liner failed. Put down Gorilla Pad, wall foam from bottom rail up with adhesive, then foam cove and I will suggest using a bit of the spay adhesive on the cove too to get a tighter hold and fit since the stuff on the back of them is weak. A really even, tight fit with the foam cove is imperative to avoid gaps your liner can suck into. Also be sure to cut the wall foam about 2" wider than the skimmer and return holes so it doesn't interfere with the gasket installation and seal.

Thanks for the feedback, I asked the rep about the adhsive,,, going on isnt an issue, but when it comes time to replace the wall foam,, then what? I would think that stuff wont come off to well,,, the rep said " Ummmm welllllll.... you have a point,,, I really dont know?" Thats why I was hesitant,,, anyone have any expierience in removing the wall foam adhesive from a previouse install?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK,,, I just checked online for this product,,, found many variations of how many ounces per can,,, so when we were talking about 1 can should do it,,, what size can were we refering too? Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.