Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: lattice removal from deck

1. Back To Top    #1
    NE Ohio

lattice removal from deck

I am getting ready to stain my deck using "One Time Wood" and currently have vinyl lattice air nailed around the base or skirting of the deck.

Does anyone know a good way to remove said lattice without damaging it too badly so that it can be re-used?

Why am I taking it off you ask?
    Because I don't want stained vs not stained lattice on the support posts. Don't think it would look very nice. I am trying to protect all of the exposed wood, not just the top surface.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
    2005 Dimension One Venture model 370 gal. hot tub. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!
    TFP - The Finest Phorum on the Net!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: lattice removal from deck

Getting behind there with a flat pry bar is the only way i can think of. Just be careful and not pry too much in one spot.
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

If you can see the nails, get a nail set and a hammer and drive them through and into the wood. Then reinstall the lattice by nailing in a different spot.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Logan IA

When you re-install it use screws. It will make it easier to remove next time.
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.

5. Back To Top    #5

Northeast Tennessee

I second the pry-bar method. That will be the best & it should come right off once you get the hang of it.
    AG, 27' round, 17,100 gallons, Sand filter, 3/4 hp pump