AGP- no deck & dirty feet

KurtG

Feb 26, 2010
Annapolis, MD
I was wondering how people deal with dirty feet and how large of hard surface area people have around their ladders/steps to keep their pool clean. We have a lot of bare dirt surface around the pool from just having built it and I've stuck in some flagstone, but not sure it is enough. It gets fairly hot too. We have 3 little pigs (kids).

We have been through the footbath idea before with the softside pool, but they get dirty too quickly even with adding bleach. I planted grass, so maybe just need to deal until it gets going.

Same boat here. Just finished my install end of last week. I have a nice pool sitting half buried in a red clay mudhole! With party planned for Memorial Day, I just bought bunches of no float premium cypress mulch to put down as a temporary fix down one long side between the porch (only) deck right now and the pool-about 8 feet. Gonna put some step stones in front of the ladder and hang the hose with a sprayer head on it to "wash off" before entering the pool.

When I was a kid, we had a 12' x 3' doughboy in the back yard. My mother put a dishpan in front of the ladder. We had to swish our feet around to get at least the loose stuff off before we could go in. The water got dirty fast, but we changed it a lot because it would get uncomfortably warm just sitting in the direct sunlight.

My yard is a mess as well. Pool was installed 4 days ago. Home Depot has 6 x 8 unbound and pre-cut indoor outdoor green carpet for about $17.00 - I bought 2. I use 1 and when it gets totally soaked, I swap it out with the other. Works well until I can afford to built a deck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.