Testimonials

When I first moved into my house and saw we had a pool I started to scour the internet for a good pool forum. I usually do this a lot when I am looking for info. I looked and looked and came across here. This forum is so much different than other forums as no one is rude on here. I see with pool season getting started the forum is very active and you usually get an answer quickly. I did find a few other ones, but none as great as this one. This place is full of knowledge and everyone helps everyone the same. Give out great information and can learn a ton just being here. There does not seem to be a maturity problem here and everyone is very mature. Another thing I like is when someone may post a question that has been asked, it gets answered as if it was asked for the first time.

The only down side to this, is that there is so much information out there, if you do not ask you can get frustated easily and just give up.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

As a new pool owner, I was baffled at first as to what to do...kept a pool guy for 2 months just to make sure I didn't do anything wrong that could void may warranties...Then started to go to the pool store and noticed that my water was always needing something...so by now I was paying $90/month for pool guy + another $25-30 average in pool stuff. I came across this site and, YES...I SAW THE LIGHT...fired the pool guy, said so long to the guys at the pool store (savings $120/month - a minor investment in the test kit) and now I have a perfectly clean pool for a little less than 10 bucks/month (Muriatic Acid) and the satisfaction of doing my own maintenance. As an added bonus, the answer to any question that comes to mind (and believe me, I think a lot about pool equipment, chemistry, etc, etc), is just a click away...

serge

I studied this forum for 6-8 months before building my very first pool. I would have had a poorly installed pool if it hadn't been for this forum. My pump pad was redone X3 before they got it almost right. :) Had it not been for all the knowlegable people at TFP, I would not have known any better. (Till the warranty had run out :) ) I check in here almost everyday. Not smart enough to answer many questions but I learn something new most everytime I log in.
Thanks TFP for putting up with me during my build and afterwards.

The family decided to put in a pool around October 2009.

By November I learned enough that the minimal contribution to be a lifetime member something I felt was only fair to do.

Pool is almost done - swimming - but waiting on plaster cure for the PB to install the SWG unit.

TFP, and the posts I read here have (with a certainty of 100%), made my pool install better than it would have been without TFP.

Reactions: afbatts
I came across this site by accident last year and it has helped me understand chemicals and how EASY :goodjob: it is to take care of a pool. The upside is that there is a tremendous amt of info and resources available, the down side is that I am addicted :-D to this forum and I find myself wanting to share my experiences but I cannot type to save my soul :cheers: :cheers:

I point all my customers here. While I get fewer questions about things like vacuuming, balancing, etc... and fewer opportunities to bill, once they see what is here, they truly realize they found the pool service they can trust. When they need service for something more substantial, it's me that they call. For that, I thank the keepers of the site and my fellow contributors. Empowerment through education works.

Scott

I too became a new pool owner in July 2007. Bought a home with a 40+ year old pool that was cement and a new liner had been added a few years before. Just loved the back yard and when the DW seen it, the house was purchased within a few days.

I knew I would have to learn about pool care and the previous owner did a pretty good job of giving me the tutorial of cleaning and running the equipment, but he had no idea of how to properly manage the chemistry in his water. Neither did I for the first year. CYA was way to high as he had been using pucks and had an algae outbreak in the first year. Stressed me out and the DW.

Went online and found this site in the early stages of its developement and mine. Learned a ton and swithced to BBB. Was a little reluctant, mostly because of the PB saying not to use that, but a couple years later, the PB actually now recommends it. Funny. That is why I continue to work with this PB as they know me and how I care for my pool. Pic attached shows the evidence. I did end up sinking some cash into upgrading the pump, valves, guts to the filter as the tubes were broke, painted the pool coping, and painted the cement patio. Turned out great as you can see.

A personal thank you to Waste, Mas, Duraleigh, Sean, Jason, John, FPM, Butterfly, Corey, Adam, and a few others on this site who really contributed to my now awesome pool knowledge. I hear other pool owners in the area complaining about mid summer that their pool turned green. Almost tempted to say something, but over time, I have decided to not say anything. Went down that road a few times and now I just mention this pool forum and they can figure out the rest on their own like I did! :cheers: :party:

So thanks TFP! Between the TF100 test kit and the awesome knowledge on this site, my pool has never looked better!

Have a great summer to you all! :goodjob:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Troublefreepool.com ROCKS
Before finding this forum, I thought my pool water looked good. Little did I know.
It used to be one trip to the pool store then another spending 20 to 30 bucks a week to keep the pool just marginal.
Now after the help of everyone here, my pool finally does look good.
Now that I have my pool stable Im using less than a gallon of chlorine a week and at most 2 or 3 cups of acid thats it.
Using the methods here my pool has never looked or felt better. Everyone has noticed.
:goodjob: Thumbs up

Jasons pool calculator is a must have for anyone with a pool.

I've been in the pool business for nearly 15 years now, starting as a Superintendent and trained by arguably one of the best builders in the industry. I have learned more on this site, and have taken better control of my own pool through what I have learned here, than I could have imagined. I have downloaded the Pool Calculator on my iPhone, and suggest that everyone uses it; it is extremely accurate and allows you to achieve the results that are needed quickly. This really is a great site, with lots of helpful folks!

Thanks TFP :cheers: :cheers:

I remember when I thought buying 70#s of 3" pucks, 48 bags of "lowder powder puss," 2 gallons of 60% algaecide and three bottles of six-way test strips delivered for $400 was a good idea and a great deal!

Still had a green pool!

Then I found this site, and I've had a mostly Trouble Free Pool ever since!

THANK YOU!!!

TFP is the best! I can't even begin to think about all the money I might have saved if I had know about this site for the last 15 years that we have owned a pool!

I discovered this site last year and have never looked back! Just opening up my pool would have already cost me well over $100 using chemicals from our local pool store! Not to mention having to run back and forth to the store to check the pool water every few days and being told we need more of this and more of that!

I opened my pool about 1 month ago and my pool is sparkling clear and perfectly balanced...and all I had to buy was bleach at Walmart, some CYA from our local hardware store, and CYA reageant R-0013 to restock my TF100 test kit...costing me somewhere between $20-$30!

And the best part is that I will probably only have to buy several more bottles of bleach to continue to have a crystal clear sparkling pool for the rest of the summer!

The Site Administrators, Mod Squad Members, and other members of TFP are great! Any problems or questions I have had have always been answered quickly; usually within minutes!

So...thank you TFP! And to show my apppreciation, I just had to become a Lifetime Member of TFP!

Vicky

We left the lake after 8 years to put in a small pool for me.

TFP has been a treasure.

Hub is not a water person, but TFP has made it so comfortable for him he is really enjoying it.

He's kept it beautiful, after our first month of a fiasco, at the pool store, then we found TFP and BBB.
They straightened it out.
BBB has worked great for us. And TFP always there to help.

Except for the cozy, fire, snow, movies, thing for a few months, we totally look forward to the summer and pool.

He has also taught several other people the BBB method and directed many to TFP. He's a real devotee'.

I thought testimonials were for Baptists! LOL LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.